Monday, February 3, 2014

Two Years of Marriage

Yep! We did it! The hubs and I have been married for two years! CRAZY!! I still wake up in the morning sometimes and look at him and think "That is my husband". Of course followed by "He is HOTT!" haha. Every anniversary is bitter sweet because I know my mom would have called if she was here and wish us a Happy Anniversary. No one else did! Our sweet neighbor left us a box of cookies and a card in honor of our day :). I feel super lucky and almost like I am doing something sneaky. I never thought I would be married and I definitely never thought if I did ever get married it would be a happy one. They say the first two years of marriage is always the hardest but I don't feel like we went through a battle or anything, I feel lucky and happy. For the first time in my life I get tiny little moments of peace or "Wow my life is pretty good" They are always taken over by my anxiety and stress but still its pretty cool when they do come.

I have had friends tell me I seem happy, which is kinda of like someone noticing if you have lost weight it feels like a win. I always feel scared if I get happy I will forget my mom, Eric tells me I wont but I am just always nervous. I know she is happy for me and proud of me and she knows she is my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment