Monday, February 10, 2014

Simple Things

Ever since my mom died I have gotten 150% worse with my anxiety, stress and over thinking to the point of scaring myself out of doing things. I am trying to be better and its a long process of learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Lately Eric and I have been going on Saturdays to a small shopping center in Long Beach that has a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf right next to some small restaurants and juice bar, and there is another place called Creative Cakery that is AMAZING. So we both get our ice blended coffee drinks and go next door to the cakery and get some sweets. They specialize in bundt cakes but make the best bars and cookies and cakes....and of course they have samples all over the place! Its actually cheaper then buying the food items in Coffee bean & Tea Leaf. So we grab a couple sweets and in the shopping center there is a small lake with tables and we sit in the sun, snack and talk for a couple hours.

I tend to always feel pressured for time, no matter what I am doing I always feel like I have to hurry and that I am holding up time or something else. When we go get our coffee and sweets I get the feeling once we are done eating that we should leave and go but I am learning to just enjoy it and keep talking. Now it is somewhat of an addiction, I LOVE my Saturday coffee with Eric, I could do it all day! Eric loves sweets so he is happy and I am happy and we talk about music or what we are going to do later, its pressure free and awesome. So simple and not a big deal but I LOVE it.

Baby steps.....simple pleasures....everyday is a battle but I am glad I am getting some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment