Monday, May 12, 2014

De-Stress?

How the hell do you de-stress? I know my stress level runs high for sure but I am at a point where I am painfully noticing the toll it is taking on my body. How do I calm down? Have I already done too much damage? How can I just enjoy the moment and not freak out? How can I not get beyond nervous for things that should be routine and exciting? This is my mission.

So today I had a dentist appointment to which I got so nervous before hand I felt like I was going to pass out. Then I got a clean bill of no cavities, had a nice cleaning and even really liked this new dentist. Yet what do I do? WORRY. "Well what if they missed something" "what if my tooth is cracked and they didn't see it?" "what if something bad happens still?" Why can't I live in the moment and think "thank goodness I am good to go I can relax now" NOPE!

I need to really make this a daily goal and pay attention to how I am feeling in every moment and what I can do to relax in that moment. Work through the tension and learn to let go of it. I  know my stress is giving poor Eric gray hairs, I need to do this for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment