Friday, March 28, 2014

Healthy March

It seems like the time just flies by now and when I look back on it all in my head it is in one big massive meshed day. This month seemed to be geared toward better well being and having a healthier environment. May or may not have been spawned from Eric getting a really bad cold which turned into a stomach thing. I read a lot about way to stay healthier and keep you home environment a healthier place to live.

While Eric was sick I tried some new things while playing nurse. I put him in a detox bath (a hot bath with 5-6 Green tea bags in it) while having him chug water and Gatorade. I cooked a lot of fish based meals and whole grain pasta, tons of vegetables and oatmeal. Disregard the fact that every Saturday this month we have made French Toast for Breakfast :).

We bought all stainless steel pots and pans to change from our non-stick coated crap which I read can cause cancer! I have been making my own salad dressing instead of buying the store brand stuff which has a ridiculous amount of sugar and sodium. I already make my own body wash which Eric & I both use. I have changed packaging his breakfasts and lunches for work from Tupperware to reusing old glass jars to put them in. I read heating up food in Tupperware is also another thing that can cause cancer. Small changes hopefully will help us overall! I still want to make my own deodorant and makeup so not to put chemicals and Parabens on my skin.

It seems like everywhere I look from the news to just everyday life in public people are mean to each other and things are always going to be out there hurting us. Whether it directly or chemicals in our foods and water slowly hurting our cells. It's kind of ridiculous to at least TRY not to avoid them and do yourself and your future a favor. You live and you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment