Friday, April 25, 2014

Absent April

Ok I am lagging on posting on here. I get superstitious about it sometimes, If I want to post a positive post like everything is going awesome I feel like I am shooting myself in the foot and asking for shit to hit the fan. Well April flew by...wtf! Donated 10 trees in my moms name on the 21st. On Earth Day Eric and I recycled plastic bags to get reusable ones from the Disney Store. We went and saw Disney Nature's BEARS movie in the first week of opening so they would donate to help save bears. I did a TCA peel on my face which always ends up me hiding in the house for a week which sucks!! Then after I look no different....fun. Eric has been getting a ton of inquires from new bands looking to hire a drummer for shows. The last time he worked with a new band it went well until the show, he had sound proof head phones one (by request of the band) and it just didn't mesh well, they were all off timing and then they had backing tracks, dumb. So I think that shot down his ego a bit for a while. He had two new bands he rehearsed with last week and both LOVED him so I think he has been standing a bit taller lately :) Its good to see him so excited. He is an amazing drummer he just needed a reminder I guess :).

As for me I have been working tons on my clients, summer if busy time in the music industry so by the end of the day my eyes are dry and can't handle staring at the laptop screen anymore. But happy to have work of course! I met a new friend (which never fucking happens) her name is Rachelle we  have a ridiculous amount of things in common and she is hilarious!! An old friend of mine had a recent family suicide and I was shocked by the news but also felt nothing, not sad, or stressed about the death. I was worried for my friend who had to deal with the chaos and storm that follows. We had a nice conversation on the phone and I made her laugh a few times pretty hard so I felt like I helped in a way. Suicide is selfish and such a shitty thing to do to people. Death sucks all around and it's hard to know what the right move is to make. All I know is if someone decides life isn't worth living and takes their life. The people left behind are changed forever and forced to stop living and deal with your problem...even though you ditched out. The sun is always shining we just lose sight of it sometimes, taking your life is never the answer.

So with all that April seems to have flown by and yet a lot seems to have happened. I definitely don't want May to come but at this point in my life (crossing me fingers I don't jinx myself) I feel lucky. I feel so lucky to have a best friend / husband who is there for me and truly wants me to be happy. I have never seen anyone (other then my mom) who would do ANYTHING to make me happy. I have a life I never thought possible, one where I have moments of peace & clarity. Crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment