Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Making friends as an adult.

Why isn't it as easy as it was when we were younger? WTF we are so much more mature you would think it would be much easier to connect. It used to be all you had to have in common was what you did at recess or showing up to school and having the same shoes on was like "oh we are friends" and now it's like "Bitch, I look better in these, how dare you show up in them!" everything is such a competition now. Who has more money, who can shop harder, who parties or travels more. Its all shallow bullshit that I can not connect with. I don't care what you bought or how many of it you bought, I don't care how much money you spend. I don't. I am cheap, I shop of thrift stores, I hoard glass jars for the "just in case" I find a purpose for them. I wear my clothes until I literally can't anymore. I still wear clothes from high school, I sew the holes in my socks, I make my own soap. Not because I can't afford new but because I don't want to spend my money on that shit! Why spend money when I can do it myself or fix it myself? People see things as so disposable, that is why our land is covered in trash.

I feel like I need to find some hippies or something to be friends with. People who are materialistic consumers. I have NO debt. NONE! how many people can say that? probably NONE! ok vent session over.

No comments:

Post a Comment